Tourism includes the flora and fauna of the member states. The region is a home of many species of animals including the African buffalo , hippos, elephants, lions, rhino, gorillas, leopards and others. It has many species of birds, butterflies and moths. It has mountains, swamps, rivers, lakes, forests, jungles, hot springs, savannah, Crater lakes, fertile and semi-arid land. The region is the most bio-diverse region in Africa.
Tourism has the capacity to handle visitors in terms of tourism infrastructure. The tourism infrastructure includes the transport system, airports , hotels, restaurants, facilities in the parks and tourist sites, medical care, communication. The region has a developed entertainment industry and has capable local people to handle tourism. There is however plenty of room for further investment in the improvement of the tourism infrastructure. Tourism has a lot of investment opportunities which have not yet been exploited.
Our Tourism team offer services in the following areas;
- Tourism regulatory framework
- Tourism sector policy formulation and implementation
- Investment planning and financing
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Current state assessments
- Investment advisory
- Promotion of tourism
- Wildlife and community
- Infrastructure planning and implementation
- Best practice information for benchmarking
- Feasibility studies and business plans