“Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve on an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes ” as defined by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IAA).
The role of the internal audit function therefore includes the following;
- monitoring, assessing, and analyzing organizational risk and controls exposures in light of policies and procedures of the organization and regulatory environment under which it operates.
- Keeping management and the board informed on matters relating to internal control.
- Evaluating security of information and assets of the organization
- Providing assurance that risks are mitigated and that the organization’s corporate governance is strong and effective.
- Offering continuous capacity building to client’s staff
Our team of experts is available to advice you on matters relating to internal control with the aim of enhancing the organization’s risk management processes.