One of the most important factors that influences employees attitude at work is the environment where they work from. Positive work environment is an environment where everyone feels encouraged, accepted, happy and motivated to work. You have to create a positive work environment throughout the organisation in order to achieve the mission of the organisation.
Organisations seen as positive places to work will always have a competitive edge because they attract and retain highly skilled staff. This is an important consideration in today’s tight labour market.
Fostering a positive workplace environment makes good business sense. A positive workplace is characterised by respect that supports employee engagement. It also creates a high performance culture that encourages innovation and creativity.
A positive workplace environment is likely to result in less absenteeism and employee turnover, fewer cases of fraud, better safety practices, and improved staff wellbeing.
Employers and employees have shared obligations for creating respectful and courteous workplaces. Employers want a productive workforce that manages its performance and achieves results. Employees want to work in a place where:
- they know what is expected of them
- the workplace is safe and they are treated fairly
- their skills and contribution are recognised and valued
- training and development support career progression
- they can work harmoniously with others.
The biggest factor in job satisfaction is not money; it’s working in a friendly and positive environment where people feel valued and respected. It is true that employees who are satisfied in their jobs tend to be more productive.
Start creating a positive work environment
- Encourage trust
- Demonstrate positive communicationg
- Encourage staff to be their best
- Find ways to create team spirit
- Offer recognition and appreciation
- Offer credit and be responsible
- Be Accessible
- Present an encouraging physical environment
- Make evaluations an encouraging experience.
- Don’t leave out fun
For an organisation to get the best out of your employees, you have to create a positive work environment for the entire team which will make people feel motivated, appreciated, recognised, accepted and happy and as such they perform better hence achieving the mission of the organisation.
Kasemiire Agnes Akiiki
116 total views, 116 views today