Quite often people find it challenging to ask for help and assistance from colleagues or friends in carrying out work assignment either in the office or at home.
The following are some of the reasons why people do not ask for help;
- Fear of delegation and losing control
- High degree of arrogance
- Fear of loss of job to other people
- They feel they are the most competent to carry out the work
- Asking for help may be a sign of incompetence on their part
- Saving of resources of the organization
- Feeling the people to delegate to are incompetent
- Possibility of losing credit for the final product
- No time for delegating to someone and explaining how to go about the assignment
- No team spirit
Tips on how to enhance your capacity in asking for help
- Developing team approach to delivering an assignment
- Knowing that you have limited time in a day and you cannot therefore do everything
- Surrounding yourself with right people to delegate to
Asking for help is not a sign of weakness but instead a sign of strength. Delegating work to other people will release you for work like supervision which cannot be competently done by most people.
Kasemiire Agnes Akiiki
762 total views, 10 views today
The post Enhance your efficiency through asking for help appeared first on Muhaise.com.