Fatigue is the extreme tiredness resulting from physical exertion, prolonged stress, sleep deprivation and mental exertion. The fatigued person is tired and lacks energy to do anything. Chronic fatigue has a serious impact on your health and will for sure affect your work performance and success in life.
Below are some of the red flags that could ring a bell for you on your fatigue status;
- General tiredness
- Lack of motivation
- Exhaustion (physical or emotional)
- Chronic lateness
- Shortness of breath
- Diminished sense of personal accomplishment
- Frequent headaches
- High self-expectations
- Inability to maintain balance of empathy and objectivity
- Increased irritability
- Less ability to feel joy
- Low self-esteem
- Sleep disturbances
- Loss weight
- Change in appetite or sleep pattern
- Altered bowel habit or urinary symptoms
- Blood loss
Causes of fatigue
There are many causes of fatigue and the following are some of them;
- Physical causes like overweight and pregnancy.
- Physiological causes due to personal problems that can cause anxiety.
- Mental health problems such as stress, depression or anxiety can make you feel more tired.
- Change in life style for example if someone is anxious about getting married.
How to overcome fatigue
There are a number of steps you can take to overcome fatigue and the following are some of them;
- Develop a positive approach towards varying life situations
- Drink a lot of water
- Eat a balanced diet
- Do regular exercises
- Get enough sleep
- Decrease stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, sugar among others.
To overcome fatigue you have to develop a positive approach to life. Fatigue is comes about as a result of what you put in your mind.
Kasemiire Agnes Akiiki
389 total views, 2 views today