As a leader you have to set the example for your team. To exert influence and to coach the team effectively you must continuously be aware of your tone setter role. If you do not set the right tone/example your own faults and weaknesses will be magnified within the staff you lead.
Leaders who successfully lead by example tend to exhibit the following common traits that set the right example for their teams;
- They have a positive approach to life
- They listen to understand
- Follow through and meet commitments.
- Take keen interest in employees
- Work productively and meet deadlines.
- Are flexible and open-minded
- Treat others with respect.
- Stay calm under pressure.
- Address issues constructively and in a timely manner.
- Share information and stay in touch.
- Recognize good performance from others.
- Display honesty and integrity
Challenges of leading by example
The leaders face the following challenges;
- Developing a positive approach
- Inspiring others to succeed
- Developing employees
- Developing managerial ability
- Leading a team by example
Leading by example is believed by business ethics experts to help prevent fraud and improve on work productivity.
267 total views, 2 views today